Monday, August 07, 2006


Its been an exciting but rather uneventful weekend for me. I had a party on saturday and an all day outing with my family on sunday. Seems like bleh but it was really just okay.

The party was for a korean organization, a sort of friendship society for filipinos and koreans. Well, it seems that as of now, no friendship has been made. we're occasional companions, talking to each other in meetings but not really talking. do yo guys get what i mean? it's like I ask a question, he answers then he asks a question then i answer. there's no real communication...
then there's that long eerie pause, an awkward moment, waiting for the other person to speak but not getting any response. Then you start to speak, but end up speaking both at the same time, this makes for a more awkward atmosphere.

I don't know if it's because there is a language barrier or we just don't have the courage to talk to anyone yet, especially to a foreign stranger. Well here is hoping for a better response from them. well, just hoping.

here's to bonding sessions ----> drinking sessions!

As for my sunday outing with my family, it wasn't really an outing but more of just waiting for my sister to take her UPCAT. Yes, the damned UPCAT. My sister took it just like i did almost four years ago. Hopefully she'll pass or she'll be studying in God knows where. My mom has this rule of UP or nothing at all (unless you pass Ateneo or La Salle with a full scholarship grant--->like that's gonna happen<---)


Well, even though my sister and I are not what you would call sisters, i still hope for the best for her. she's a good student(take note...student not kid) but she needs more experience with the real world or for that matter, just with people outside her social cluster. She's too dependent of other people and i don't think she's ready to be on her own. That's what you're most likely to be here in UP. You don't have your mom there everytime to reprimand your teacher for scolding you or giving you a low grade. You can't have that laid back attitude you had with assignments and school work. You don't have the comfort of a having the answers to your homework in the textbook. you really have to study this time, you're on your own buddy...

As dreadful aas it may sound, college life in UP is fun. there's the freedom of speech, there's the everyday concert you can find anywhere i the campus. there's the ample supply of fishballs and isaw for the hungry poor(me). there are those unique traditions only in UP can u find like the Lantern Parade and of course the oblation run.

Well, who knows of what the future might bring. I might become a korean interpreter in the future or just a kimbap roller by the street. My sister might fail or she might even be in the top ten passers(hehehe, think not) but who knows???

0 comments: